Support Our Paras
The charity’s support includes:
- Mobility equipment and disability conversion of vehicles
- Funding remedial courses to assist those recovering from wounds
- Funding vocational courses to assist soldiers in transitioning into civilian life
- Funding sporting equipment for the wounded and for regimental teams
- Funding adventurous training expeditions for serving troops
- Assistance with travel and other costs on compassionate grounds
- Preserving and making the Regiment’s heritage accessible to all
- Memorials to those who have served
Over the last four years, we have raised more than £26,000 for the charity through our annual Wigley Golf Open and Gala Dinner.
Each year the event attracts many sporting celebrities including multi world boxing champion Ricky Hatton MBE and snooker world champion Stuart Bingham, as well as around 200 business professionals who help us to raise substantial funds with their generous donations.
Robert Wigley, Managing Director, said:
“As a company we have a corporate social responsibility to support charities and to help our local community to the best of our ability.
Support Our Paras is a truly inspirational organisation where it not only helps physically rehabilitate members of the Armed Forces, specifically the Parachute Regiment, but also prepares the very brave men and women mentally as they are reintegrated into civilian life.
We are privileged to be a very small part in helping to support the charity and look to continue to do so for as long as we are in a position to help.”
Forever grateful to the Wigley Group
THE REASON WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE FOR THE WOUNDED AND FAMLIES IS THROUGH THE SUPPORT GIVEN BY SO MANY – THANKS
Without the support of people such as the Wigley Group and the dedication of Robert Wigley and indeed the entire Wigley family we would not be able to help our Paras to make meaningful life after they have suffered life changing injuries. This support also helps the families who sadly lost their loved one during the War in Afghanistan.